St Michael's CE VA Primary
Learners growing together with God

Pupil Premium

Early Years Pupil Premium for three and four year olds

Did you know your childcare provider may be entitled to £300 additional funding to improve the education of your child?

If your child is three or four years old, Childcare providers can claim an additional £300 per year to spend on enriching your child's education. The funding is called Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP).


How this could help your child?

It will help your child to:

  • Benefit from extra resources and equipment suited to their needs
  • Enjoy a range of new play, learning and activity experiences
  • Be prepared for starting school

Childcare settings will have to demonstrate to Ofsted how funds have been used to improve your child's education. If you are still eligible, the funding can also be transferred if your child moves to another childcare provider.


Do I qualify?

If you receive one of the following benefits, your childcare provider may be entitled to claim funding for your child:

  • Income support
  • Income based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit (providing you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit Run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit

Or if your child:

  • Has been looked after by the local authority in care for at least one day
  • Has been adopted from care
  • Has left care through special guardianship
  • Is subject to a child arrangement order


What do I do next?

If you think you qualify, it's quick and easy. Talk to a member of our Pre-school and we will verify your eligibility and apply for the funding.