St Michael’s CE VA Primary School
Primary Sports Premium Funding 2018-2019
Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium
ALL pupils leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following OBJECTIVE:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision (above) that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity encouraging active and healthy lifestyles
2. The profile of PE, Sport, Health and Physical Activity continues being raised across the school
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE, Sport and Healthy Living
4. Children continue to benefit from experiencing a range of sports and activities (linked to health and fitness) offered to all
5. Continued participation in competitive sport